I’ve been tagged! I suppose I should thank Chinmayi, but I think I’ll wait till the end to decide whether to thank or to kill…
The tag: To write a post with six weird facts or habits about yourself. I’m also supposed to name the six people I will tag next and leave them a comment to let them know they’ve been tagged and to read my blog. So…
1. This one you’ll know, if you’ve read my blog before. I’m finicky about spelling and grammar. While I don’t think of every ellipsis as a sin, I hate sloppy spelling and bad grammar and things that make language difficult to read.
2. On the other hand, I love finding language used out of context that makes for puns or just funny imagery.
3. Which brings me to the third thing – I turn words into images in my head. So, if we’re debating K-serials in class, I can see Smriti Irani playing the dutiful bahu, adorned in heavy saree and two tons of jewellery. Big problem sometimes.
I suppose this should be number one, but it’s not, because I don’t think it’s weird, but a lot of people do/would – I wear my hair short ‘coz long hair’s a pain to manage, but I wear sarees all the time! (Changed because apparently, it’s not weird) I carry handkerchiefs. In this day and age of use-and-throw, carry everywhere and buy-wherever-you-like tissues, I carry a handkerchief. Admittedly only when I have a cold, but I carry one.
5. I’m scared of falling off. No, not only of heights, of falling off. Anything. Which is why I never learnt to ride a bicycle (meaning I walked everywhere in the English country town where I studied for a whole year – everywhere!) And why I am the last person in the house to get something out of the loft. And other such.
6. I don’t think I know six bloggers to tag…
Anyway, for what it’s worth, I tag Tatonnement, Nemo, Amateur Blogger, and the one anonymous blogger I know (just hoping you haven’t been tagged yet!)
And Chinmayi, thanks!
Filed under: General stuff, Personal | 15 Comments »